The cost is $12 per session. Registration is required for this program and the ones that follow. Info: 327-7580.
• Jungle tales for children, 10 a.m., Oct. 11, program will focus on animals and nature, $5 per child.
• Pumpkin-palooza, 2 p.m. Oct. 13, will be geared to all things pumpkin, $6.
• Seed savers, 2 p.m. Oct. 15. Adults can learn what seeds they can collect from their gardens, $5.
• Creepy creatures, 10 a.m., Oct. 31; children can don their halloween costumes and learn about some creepy and not-so-creepy creatures, $6.
• In recognition of visitors appreciation day from 1-5 p.m. Oct. 16, admission to the park’s conservatory will be free; normal admission is $2.
• The conservatory will be transformed into a haunted house Oct. 26 and 27. It will be less scary from 5:30-7 p.m., with the real haunting beginning at 7 p.m. Admission is $2. In addition, there will be free events at the arts and family centers.
The gardens will adopt their offseason hours Oct. 16 and will begin closing at 5 p.m.