After the opening ceremony in which Chase Williams and Jordan Brickley presented the colors and Kierra Davenport sang the national anthem, Caitlyn Bowser, Michael Hotseller, Elizabeth Pich and Megan Wilder were selected to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, D.C., which they did last week while visiting the nation’s capital with other classmates.
Award recipients were:
• Cameron Cardenas and Ethan Smiley, the John M. Woirhaye Award, which recognizes students who exemplify leadership, kindness and loyalty, and the Jim Newport Athletic Award for the top male and female athletes.
• Caitlyn Bowser and Jack Stevenson, the Henry H. Hayes Community Service Award.
• Ethan Smiley was recognized for going undefeated in wrestling.
• Choir members Taylor Young, Director’s Award, and Austin Money, John Philip Sousa Award.
• Film Club, academic team, girls basketball team, honor roll students, spelling bee winners, those with perfect attendance, math award recipients, three and four-sport players.