Lutheran High School senior Jessica Wilson took second place-honors in cup stacking and 12th place in the discus at the Amateur Athletic Association’s Junior Olympics in Des Moines, Iowa, in July.
In cup stacking, she took second place in all three of her events and recorded a personal best time of time 8.87 seconds for the cycle event.
Wilson, daughter of Robert and Sandra Wilson and ranked as the 22nd-fasted female stacker in the United States, holds five individual state records, three state doubles records and will add three more individual state records when the results of the Junior Olympics are confirmed, according to a news release provided by Julie Pflug of Lutheran High.
In qualifying for the discus at the Junior Olympics, Wilson placed first in district and national competitions.
Wilson’s previous accomplishments in discus include:
• 2012 Marion County freshman champ.
• Broke school record in 2012, ’13 and ’14.
• Two-time champion at the Guerin Invitational.
• 2013 AAU Junior Olympic All-American.
• 2014 Indiana Crossroads Conference All-Academic Team.
• 2014 ICC champion.
• Three-time state regional qualifier.