Serving as a princess provides young women with countless opportunities for leadership and professional development.
Princesses receive $1,000 scholarships and are provided once-in-a-life-time experiences, including involvement with the 500 Festival’s statewide community outreach programs, volunteering at Indianapolis Motor Speedway functions, including the pre-race ceremonies and the Victory Circle celebration for the 102nd running of the Indianapolis 500.
The princesses represent 14 Indiana colleges and 21 cities across the state. With a cumulative GPA of 3.72, this year’s princesses were selected from hundreds of applicants based on communication skills, academic performance and community involvement.
Representing the Southside are:
• Alyssa Fain, a graduate of Center Grove High School and a senior at Indiana University majoring in Marketing and Management.
• Lauren Frank, a Roncalli graduate and a senior biology major at IU.
• Ariel Gastelum, graduate of Center Grove and a junior at IUPUI majoring in marketing, supply chain management and international studies.
• Maggie Glowinski, a Roncalli graduate and a sophomore elementary education major at Indiana State.
• Eva Li, a graduate of Center Grove and a junior at IU majoring in Nutrition Science.