1117 E. Edgewood Ave.
A family of two is thankful to be unharmed after heavy fire destroyed the upper level of their home while they were asleep Tuesday morning.
Devin Spilker told Perry Township firefighters he awoke to the smell of something burning but was unable to locate the source. A light haze of smoke began filling the house, 1117 E. Edgewood Ave., and further investigation found the attic ablaze.
Overloaded space heaters are deemed to be the cause. Damage is estimated at $150,000; the Spilkers are planning to stay with friends.