The USA Swimming National Championships & World Championship Trials runs through Saturday at the Indiana University Natatorium.
For the music enthusiast, The Bishops will perform at the Indianapolis Zoo from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Friday. The concert is free with regular admission. The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra will perform a variety of patriotic favorites at 8 p.m. at White River State Park, where a fireworks show follows the concert. Tickets are $10 for children ages 3-13, $30 for adults.
• Taste of Indy, 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Monument Circle, $8.
• The Disney film “Bedknobs and Broomsticks” will be shown at dusk at Indianapolis Museum of Art’s amphitheater, $8 for members, $12 for nonmembers.
• Indiana Fever vs. Connecticut Sun, 4 p.m. at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
• Indianapolis Indians have home games July 1-4, with fireworks shows July 3 and 4, tickets are $12-$18.
Tuesday, July 4
• Six-mile tour of some of the best sites and destinations in Downtown during the Firecracker 6 Run/Walk, 8 a.m. Tickets are $30-$40.
• Indypendence Day Concert for Cancer featuring 311, New Romantics and The Skints, 7:30 p.m. Pavilion at Pan Am, street fest runs from 3-10 p.m., tickets, $35 and $45.
• Free Independence Day social and tours of Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site, 1230 N. Delaware St., 1-4 p.m.
• Party on the Plaza, City Market, 222 E. Market St, 7-11 p.m., corn hole, lawn checkers, sidewalk chalk, live music; bring chairs and blankets but no food, children ages 12 and younger admitted free, $4 per senior, $6 per adult, $10 per couple.
• Live music at Rathskeller Biergarten, 401 E. Michigan St., 7-11 p.m., $5.
IPL Freedom Fest fireworks show, 10 p.m., Regions Bank Tower, live entertainment before the show at the Indiana World War Memorial Plaza, 431 N. Meridian St.
Visit www.downtownindy.org/ for a complete listing of events.