The following people were honored:
• Alice Dills works in the administrative department. She has been assisting with clerical work for many years and is proficient in filing, entering data and putting reports together.
• Jocelyn and Kayli Radke have been volunteering one hour a week since June to help their mom, Debra Radke, teach Baxter’s new synchronized swimming program. Jocelyn has been involved with the progam for the past four years and competes with Indy Synchro. Kayli has been involved for three years and used to swim for Indy Synchro.
• Cynthia Bymaster, member services, helps to enthusiastically fold towels for up to three hours every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning.
• Piper Bunner started coaching youth soccer here at the Y in 2010. Parents quickly take notice to her great attitude and often request her to be their child’s coach. Piper is said to be the perfect example of what the Y likes to see in its coaches.
• Alec Donnelly folds towels, cleans the synergy room and will do other tasks if his supervisor needs him to. Donnelly, who also works out at the Y, said he likes learning new job skills and meeting people.
• Dacen Pendergrass joined Teen Leaders in January and is an active member. He helps to raise money for the group by selling popcorn every Saturday morning.
• Sarah Haas, who took swim lessons at the Y nearly 30 years ago, has been a volunteer chaplain since January and has started a new program for the little ones. An associate pastor of children and youth at Friedens United Church of Christ, she is known for spreading the Y’s sense of community through her engaging attitude in and outside the center.
Call 881-9347 ext. 205 for information about volunteer opportunities.