Superintendent of Perry Township Schools
The holiday season provides an avenue for us to showcase the amazing talent and outstanding work that is so prevalent throughout Perry Township Schools.
You would be amazed at the number of holiday activities held almost every evening in December throughout the district. Behind each orchestra, every choir, all the musicals and every play, there are hours upon hours of hard work by many dedicated people to simply provide an opportunity for our students to express their talents. We are so grateful to the teachers, volunteers and parents for their tireless energy behind the scenes to prepare for these events.
We know one of the keys to an enriched, highly successful, academically strong student is how and with whom they spend their time outside the traditional school day. Programs like these provide an opportunity for students to develop friendships with other students of similar interests. My grandmother always told me that you are a true reflection of the individuals that you call your friends. Programs that capitalize on the arts provide a way to strengthen quality friendships that are positive and mutually beneficial.
We would like to invite you to attend a program whether or not you have a child in school. You will not be disappointed.
While there were several concerts last week to kick off the season, there are many yet to be come.
Beginning tonight, here is a list of our Christmas events.
• 8 p.m. – Southport High School orchestra, band and choir concert
• 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. – Mary Bryan Elementary program.
• 7 p.m. – Perry Meridian Middle school band and orchestra concert.
• 8 p.m. – Southport High symphony, advanced orchestra, jazz band, wind ensemble and show choirs concert.
• 2 p.m. – Douglas MacArthur all-school sing-along.
• 7 p.m. – Jazz café at Perry Meridian Academy.
• 8-11 a.m. – Lincoln Elementary breakfast with Santa.
• 8-10 a.m. – MacArthur Elementary breakfast with Santa.
• 9-11:30 a.m. – Jeremiah Gray-Edison Elementary breakfast with Santa.
Monday, Dec. 14
• 6:30 p.m. – Lincoln program.
• 7 p.m. – Burkhart Elementary.
Tuesday Dec. 15
• 6 p.m. – Glenns Valley Elementary program at Perry Meridian Sixth Grade Academy.
• 6:30 p.m. – Homecroft Elementary.
• 6:30 p.m. – Southport Elementary.
• 6:30 p.m. – Winchester Village Elementary.
• 7 p.m. – Henry Burkhart Elementary.
• 7 p.m. – Jeremiah Gray-Edison.
• 7 p.m. – MacArthur.
Wednesday Dec. 16
• 10:30 a.m. – Burkhart Elementary choir at the Perry Township Education Center
• 6:30 p.m. – Clinton Young Elementary program at Southport High.
Thursday Dec. 17
• 9 a.m. – Burkhart Elementary all-school sing-along.
Saturday Dec. 19
• 2:30 p.m. – Tea with a Princess at Southport High.
There you have it, an open invitation. Come and see the creativity and talent that our children display every day they enter the doors of Perry Township Schools.