To the editor:
Evan Bayh is not who many Hoosiers think he is. Don’t be fooled.
When Bayh left the Senate he put Indiana and its people in his rearview mirror and never looked back.
That is until July rolled around.
Leaving the Senate, Bayh joined the same moneyed interests that he bemoaned as having too great an influence on the Senate. Now he’s pulling down six-figure salaries from big-time lobbying firms.
In contrast, Todd Young is real, genuine and forthright. He is a disciplined leader who has never left Indiana.
A Naval Academy graduate, he put on a uniform and pledged to serve and protect our nation and its people in the Marine Corps. He knows what it means to put country above himself. He bunks in his office and returns home to spend two out of three nights in the community he represents.
Young has also earned a reputation for championing innovative ideas to cut government spending while working to improve the lives of Hoosiers and all Americans.
He introduced bipartisan legislation designed to make it easier for students to pay for college. These income share agreements are an innovative way to address a growing crisis that affects many Hoosier students and middle-class families.
Another area where Young leads is with social impact partnerships, which ensure that welfare works.
Young has shown that being a conservative and compassionate are not mutually exclusive.
Young is one of us. He’s a Hoosier who will make an excellent senator.
The time has come to move on, look forward and choose a new, real and proven leader.
Bayh had his chance, but he left it and us behind. He chose the Potomac when he could have had the Wabash. It’s time for new leadership in the Senate, leadership that actually cares about Hoosiers.
It’s time for Todd Young.
Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton
To the editor:
Intelligent voters who look at the following comparison between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will vote for Trump in November.
• Wants to build a wall to protect our and remove criminals.
• Affordable health care.
• Strengthen military.
• Open all hospitals to veterans.
• Strong American stance with foreign countries.
• Lower taxes on all – businesses would have more money to pay their employees.
• Will appoint constitutional judges to Supreme Court.
• Will repeal President Johnson’s law threatening churches.
• Self-funding campaign with help of small donors; will owe no favors to lobbyist or big-time contributors.
• Will create thousands of jobs while helping all American.
• Prefers an open borders.
• Continue Obamacare, which is unsustainable.
• Military will remain weak.
• Many veterans committing suicide because they are not getting proper medical care.
• Continues rhetoric on taxing rich. All the money of the rich couldn’t pay off national debt.
• Appoint liberal judges who will support the goals of politicians.
• Cares little for ecumenical community, no support for Christian faith.
• Campaign financed through special interest groups large foreign countries.
• Has no knowledge of business and will not create a lot of jobs.
• Usual lip service for most minorities.