Perry Township Schools
We all understand that the arts play a critical role in the academic success of children. We are fortunate in Perry Township to have extremely talented teachers who exhibit their passion for the subject on a daily basis. This joy for their craft is passed on to their students, who are fortunate to be enrolled in their courses. Participation levels in the arts continues to climb, and we encourage that growth.
During the Christmas season our schools are especially busy with their holiday productions. We invite you to attend one or more of our special events. Our schedule is as follows:
• Dec. 4, 7 p.m., Perry Meridian High School band concert.
• Dec. 6, 8:30 a.m., Burkhart Elementary breakfast with Santa.
• Dec. 6, 9 a.m., Jeremiah Gray-Edison Elementary breakfast with Santa. • Dec. 6, 9 a.m., Homecroft Elementary breakfast with Santa.
• Dec. 8, 7 p.m., Perry Meridian 6th Grade Academy’s concert at PMHS.
• Dec. 9, 6:30 p.m., Southport 6th Grade Academy choir.
• Dec. 9, 7 p.m., Perry Meridian Middle School choir at PMHS.
• Dec. 9, 8 p.m. Southport High School intermediate orchestra, varsity women’s choir, intermediate choir.
• Dec. 10, 6:30 p.m., Southport Middle School seventh-grade choir.
• Dec. 10, 8 p.m., SHS beginning orchestra, concert band, men’s choir, beginning choir.
• Dec. 11, 6:15 p.m., PMMS orchestra, followed by band.
• Dec. 11, 8 p.m., SHS advanced orchestra, jazz band,
advanced choir, concert band.
• Dec. 12, 7 p.m., PMHS and PMMS jazz concert at PM Sixth Grade Academy.
• Dec. 13, 8-11 a.m., MacArthur Elementary breakfast with Santa.
• Dec. 13, 8:30 a.m., Lincoln Elementary Breakfast With Santa.
• Dec. 15, 6:30 p.m., Lincoln Christmas program
• Dec. 15, 6:30 p.m., SMS seventh-grade band and orchestra.
• Dec. 15, 6:30 p.m., SMS eighth-grade choir.
• Dec. 15, 7 p.m., Burkhart fifth-grade musical.
• Dec. 15, 8 p.m. SMS eighth-grade band and orchestra.
• Dec. 16, 6:30 p.m., Homecroft program.
• Dec. 16, 6:30 p.m., Clinton Young program at SHS.
• Dec. 16, 6:30 p.m., Glenns Valley program at Perry Academy.
• Dec. 16, 6:30 p.m., Winchester Village.
• Dec. 16, 6:30 p.m., Southport Elementary.
• Dec. 16, 7 p.m., Burkhart fifth-grade musical.
• Dec. 16, 7 p.m., MacArthur fifth-grade program.
• Dec. 16, 7 p.m., Mary Bryan.
• Dec. 16, 7 p.m., Rosa Parks-Edison.
• Dec. 17, 7 p.m. Jeremiah Gray-Edison program at SHS.
While we applaud and celebrate the arts in our schools, there is another component to the holiday season that encompasses the act of giving. Activities that focus on reaching out to others less fortunate are conducted by students and staff. Active participation of students in collecting money or specific items for someone in need serves as an excellent learning tool as our students grow and mature.
There are many programs that support our community. Food drives, hat, glove and scarf collections, “adopt” a family for Christmas and toy collections are just a few examples of children discovering the joys of giving.
Participation in Christmas programs sets the tone for the season and passes along holiday traditions.
I hope you take the time to attend a program. The children will make you smile. Thank you for your involvement and support of Perry Township Schools. We believe strong schools reflect a strong community.