Principal: Christine Williams
Serving Beech Grove and the surrounding community since 1922, Holy Name Catholic School affirms the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church through a comprehensive educational experience that partners rich traditions with exciting new initiatives geared toward 21st-century learners.
Holy Name is open to all families committed to the philosophies and mission of our school. We are devoted to maximizing the potential of students with diverse gifts and talents in Grades pre-K through 8. Holy Name strives to develop lifelong learners who are committed to knowing, loving and serving God.
Our commitment to academic excellence is evident in our rigorous curriculum, the variety of programming options we offer and the relationships we share. These meaningful, relevant learning experiences support the total growth of students as they work to become competent, faith-filled, skilled thinkers ready to serve and lead our ever-changing world.
Holy Name believes in:
• The educational mission of the Catholic Church, embracing its Gospel message as lived in service to others.
• The foundation of the family unit, acknowledging that parents are the primary teachers and our parish and school are extensions of the family unit.
• The inherent goodness of every person, respecting the integrity, intellectual abilities and unique personal qualities of every student.
•The revelation of God’s goodness in all creation, accepting our responsibility to care for the Earth and all within it.
• The utilization of technological advancements to develop competent, skilled thinkers ready to lead and improve our world.
Holy Name exists to:
• Educate the whole child, focusing on the spiritual, intellectual, social and emotional growth of each student.
• Educate for the social teachings of the church.
• Build the community while providing opportunities for service learning.
• Provide opportunities for worship.
Holy Name’s vision is to provide a learning environment that brings God’s world to our children while empowering them to serve and lead the world!
Students who are enrolled from pre-K through eighth grade will be among the best and brightest in whatever high school they choose.
A Holy Name graduate:
• Is a critical and creative thinker who demonstrates strong work ethic and self-discipline.
• Collaborates with others to solve problems.
• Embraces the Gospel message and the seven themes of Catholic social teaching as evident in his service to the community.
• Is goal-oriented and not only ready, but eager, to face the challenges of our ever-changing world and global economy.
• Is academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually prepared to prosper in a technological world.
• Maintains a strong foundation of literacy, mathematics, social sciences, technology and the arts, upon which new knowledge is easily attained.
Our pledge: Using Christ as our model, we strive daily to enhance the growth of each person. We develop life-long learners who are committed to knowing, loving and serving God.