The car gods continued to bless the area with super weather as St. Barnabas’ fourth annual car show was a big success. About 50 cars from all eras were showcased Saturday in the church parking lot while car people bonded around their beloved hobby.
Most participants shared their specific history and loyalty. Many years and models were represented, and it was not uncommon to see a custom hot rod parked next to a late-model Corvette coupe.
The top 20 cars received awards, and special awards were presented:
• The priest's pick went to Bruce Banta and his 1962 red-on-red Corvette convertible.
• The parishioners’ pick went to Bill Kolncek’s 1978 Ford Granada.
• The best pre-1980 car was George Backer’s 1964 Chevrolet Corvette.
• The best truck was a 1960 Ford F-100 panel type owned by Dan Distler.
• The best work in progress went to Eddie Buttler and his 1955 Grumman's truck.
• The best of show went to Bill Weber's 1961 Chevrolet Impala convertible.
Donna's Rock ’n' Roll Cruising Oldies provided great tunes and a wonderful atmosphere. Donna Wooldridge was presented a special award for her continued support of the show and her dedication to playing the best of the oldies but goodies.
Proceeds will benefit the church’s youth ministry, which thanked everyone for their support. The group hopes to see everyone again next year.
Until then, happy cruising!