The festival continues Sept. 11 with Dr. Lonnie Smith taking the stage at 7:30 and 10 p.m. at The Jazz Kitchen.
Several groups will perform at the Indianapolis Museum of Art from 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sept. 12. The evening will feature Four80East performing two shows at The Jazz Kitchen and Grammy Award winner Take 6 at the Madame Walker Theatre.
Some of the other shows will feature:
• Musica de Las Americas and Pavel & Direct Contact, 2 p.m. Sept. 13 at Marian University.
• Cathy Morris (free) 3 p.m. Sept. 13 at The Indianapolis Central Library.
• Pharez Whitted, 7 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Indiana Landmarks Center.
• Paul Beaubrun with the Haitian Second Line Roots Band, 7 p.m. Sept. 13, Jazz Kitchen.
• Grammy winner Diane Reeves, 8 p.m. Sept. 15, Madame Walker Theatre.
• Jared Thompson & Premium Blend (free), Sept. 15, Sun King Brewing.
• Joel Tucker Band, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 16, Flat 12 Bierworks.
• Bobby Watson, 7 p.m. Sept. 16, Jazz Kitchen.
• Matt Pivec (free), 7 p.m. Sept. 17, Butler University.
• Davina & the Vagabonds, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 17, the Apparatus.
• Sullivan Fortner Quartet, 7 p.m. Sept. 18, Jazz Kitchen.
• Jonathan Butler, 8 p.m. Sept. 18, Madame Walker Theatre.
• Block party, 3:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Sept. 19, at Jazz Kitchen and Yats; bands include Sizzlin’ Gregg Bacon, Tucker Brothers, Jared Thompson, Sophie Faught, Brenda Williams, Steve Allee and Sweater Vest.
A full line-up with ticket information is available at indyjazzfest.net.